You’ve ridden a bike. And maybe you’ve ridden a bike in the great state of Colorado. No matter your experience level, it’s always a good idea to come prepared when planning a Colorado bicycling adventure. High country weather can change fast and we run biking trips rain or shine. Whether you’re out for a short bike ride along Colorado’s many paved paths, planning on a Vail Pass shuttle or opting for a full day bike rental, come prepared so you can have fun and live like a local.
What to Wear on Your Colorado Biking Adventure
- Wear several thin layers of clothing rather than one heavy jacket when bike riding in Colorado. A cool breeze or a break in the clouds can easily feel like a temperature change. Dressing in layers on your Colorado bike ride makes it easy to adjust to your surroundings.
- Protect your eyes from the bright Colorado sunshine with sunglasses. While bike riding, sunglasses also help protect against dust and wind.
- Wear comfortable clothing made from nylon, spandex, wool, fleece or other outdoor-specific materials. If you encounter a summer shower, you’ll stay warmer if you avoid cotton.
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes help prevent stubbed toes. Even better, you’ll be prepared to stop along the bike route and explore Colorado’s famous hiking trails.
What to Bring on Your Colorado Biking Adventure
- Hydrate! All our bike rentals are fitted with water bottle cages. And if you forget, our retail area is stocked with ice-cold H2O so that you can stay refreshed.
- Consider carrying a small backpack with a light rain jacket. Use the bag to stash a camera, souvenirs, extra clothing, water and more.
- Don’t forget sunscreen! The sun’s rays are more intense in Colorado’s high mountains.
- Bring your wallet if you’d like to stop for lunch in one of the many cafes along the bike routes in central Colorado. There are nearly limitless options in Summit County, Vail and Glenwood Springs for a nice afternoon lunch. Or, the bike paths offer plenty of scenic stops so you can picnic along the way.
Choose a short outing or an all-day adventure. No matter your decision, being prepared for a Colorado biking adventure means you’ll enjoy your time in the saddle. If you have questions about what to wear or what to bring when you’re bike riding in Colorado’s high country, contact us today or call at 1-800-808-0357. We’re happy to give you information so that you know what to expect and can plan accordingly.